Thursday, May 17, 2012

Still settling

Finally, they are all glued up. It's like a party, though I don't know exactly what will happen to them. But at least the first step is done. I am trying here to slow down, pace myself differently, and, hardest of all, not beat myself up for doing the first two things. It's a challenge since I still feel like a lazy slug. I am also itching for my violin; it's been in the shop now for two weeks and I really want it back.
I did some more weaving after finishing the party cones. I also did some reworking of my book's intro and other tiny details, so that was a good pocket of morning writing that made me feel good. Tonight, we got to go to a reading downtown by Lydia Davis, which I enjoyed. It's always nice to be introduced to someone new, to work I hadn't known before. I still feel very wandering about here, which will change in two weeks. I think that once my manuscript is out of my hands and in my publisher's hands, and my violin is back, and I am set up in the right studio, everything will shift. For now, I am trying to be at peace with this month being a calm, slow month where I spend time with people I have come to be quite fond of, since they will mostly all be gone in less than two weeks.

3 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

you sound peaceful even though the party cones are playing in the studio.

aimee said...

good! even if i am only cultivating an illusion, maybe all the practice will help me eventually make it to real peace.

mjc said...

Slow is good now and again; definitely calm is.

(Off to the post office in 3..2...1).