Thursday, May 07, 2009

Nix that plan

I was a wreck today from lack of sleep and spent the good part of the day at my dyeing teacher's studio. It was fun. I did pomegranate dyeing! And started tests of already spun hanji. Since I have a brand new idea for my upcoming shows.

While talking w/another student, I realized that I am not interested in traveling abroad while I'm here right now. I feel like this is funded time for me to be HERE, learning, and I am happy to do that. I can and will travel when I am NOT funded, and would rather do it with people than just do it for the sake of doing it. But I still like the idea of the Phil in June if I can finish up my work by then. No, not finish, but get to a good closing point.

I'd work more tonight b/c I am way behind on admin, but I have to sleep. Plus I have a weird back-of-the-lungs/ribs pain belt that makes it hard to function normally. I'm hoping it's just from being seated too far forward while reading subtitles on left and right at last night's show that strained my upper back. It feels like a random allergic reaction happening inside of me but I have no idea what it really is. I have a hard time getting food down b/c of it, but was still able to have a lunch full of wild greens that my teacher had harvested from the mountains. I LOVE eating seasonally here. It's such a treat.

No comments: