Tuesday, November 15, 2022

When I say coming up for air

I really mean it! I was going to do a regular long post but this is not the time. I had a two-week gas leak thanks to the installers of my new furnace (always love it when the guy on the other end of the phone says, nah, it can't be natural gas, you're probably smelling something else) and then found out that my hot water tank is also spewing insane amounts of CO2. But I was too busy with an excellent residency with a collaborator that I was hosting, so I couldn't handle the life stuff on time. More on the residency later (it was so good)! For now:

1. My lovely Oberlin assistant helped me with the above dessert platter for a potluck

2. Please donate to the New Media Caucus to support BIPOC creators: The Vagner Mendonça-Whitehead Microgrant Fund

3. Isn't this a wonderful artist? Sabeen Omar

4. I leave tomorrow for Columbus and will be there until Friday. It will snow and snow but my snow tires are not on so fingers crossed that I survive the trip. I'll lecture Thursday (at 4:10pm) at OSU for a co-sponsored talk that you can attend via zoom if you like. Or you can come in person!

No comments: