Friday, March 25, 2016

One end and many beginnings

This was the back of the library conservation lab in Michigan when I did hands-on joomchi after some cording with my publisher's colleagues. Conservators are exceedingly well mannered and curious, along with being responsible and on top of things. I always like meeting them.
This is what has begun (or is underway) back home: a new dress pattern to piece, a teapot to finish (I've reached the dreaded spout), a Serizawa calendar on washi that is missing bits, which will become thread or cord, and lots of tools and instructions for home PT exercises. Now that my parts aren't popping out of alignment all the time, I've finally graduated to strengthening! Though it's way more work, I can't wait to get back into shape and be able to support my body and work.

No comments: