Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A new fork

Last week, I went to an interesting ethics lecture on a boat that has been converted into a design firm.
I went with a friend and was so happy to see her again the next day to hike around in a nature preserve that was all muddy. My muck boots were perfect for the task, it was mild and sunny, and we had smoothies afterwards.
Late last week, I started this one. I had a plan for it at first that would make it mimic puppy posture, but realized that a bird doesn't do the same things that dogs do.
So I finally gave in and started wings! My first one. I just finished but it's still drying so I'll wait until I can rig it properly for a good shot. Now, contemplating the next weaving. This week, I started physical therapy at an amazing place with incredibly competent therapists, who have given me reasonable hope for recovery: the first people to assure me that last year's car accident won't keep me down forever. I am beside myself and making changes to help myself—computer ergonomics, weaving habits, and figuring out the tools to make or buy to help me do what I love for as long as I can.

1 comment:

Velma Bolyard said...

the hope here, the duck growing wings: hope. such good news about the pt.