Friday, August 12, 2011

A perfect week

The moon tonight is more stunning only because I know it's getting fuller, and because I've watched it travel across the windows at the ceiling of this comfy visiting artist pad. I splurged tonight on takeout (I never ever do that!) and the evening was nice. After an overly hot and humid couple of days in the front of the week, I was so grateful that day after day, I could turn off more fans during class, the last one going off today.

This class was such a treat. Low key, amiable, hardworking, no balking at the hard work (like clean up), and each took to different techniques. Such a treat to have a completely conflict-free classroom! They even waited for me to pack up at the end and helped carry my things to the rental car, and then insisted on having me follow a car to Somerville so that I wouldn't get lost on my way to a visit to the Harvard Art Museums' off-site location.

Finally! They were kind enough to search and find a set of four huge books that were donated from Korea several months ago, that I've wanted to see since I was in California. I had met the professor who had compiled these samples, and knew I couldn't buy my own set. Luckily, the Koreans always donate to Harvard, so I got to go through over 300 hanji samples. I can't tell you how exhausting that is, but I'm so happy that I was able to do this during this trip. They found the books just in time for me to visit on my last day!

I'm hoping for a restful sleep, and a safe drive home tomorrow morning. I can't wait to finally unpack for (almost) the last time for a bit and see my family!

1 comment:

mjc said...

Congrats and Ray Hoo for doing it all, and doing it so well! Glad you were rewarded with the books AND takeout!