Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Laundry is done, pots are scoured

My final night in the lap of luxury. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be my last BIG move in country. I started counting how many times I've packed in the past 2-3 years and it was ridiculous. I got a bunch of concerned about moving + xmas calls this morning from my parents and their friends who are here. I had a really good talk w/my cousin's wife today about family. It's kind of amazing to learn about them like this. Little things, like how my dad's side of the family is always insistent on eating w/chopsticks and not their hands.

I love that xmas is so understated here. LOVE it. It's so great to escape from the US version. Also, I have no idea what my internet situation will be after this, but I imagine that very soon I will be posting less than usual.

No comments: