Wednesday, April 13, 2022

From California with love

This was my panic the day before I flew to San Francisco almost two weeks ago.
Quick pickling red onions is a great way to get more skins for dye to teach class.
Sue managed to make this many hanji cords on day 1. That is a LOT for someone who just learned how.
Lots of cooking all week for bark lace, yellow onion skins, red onion skins, brazilwood, and then scalding badly a dried pomegranate that Servane found at home. That's my fault, I always forgot pots on heat.
I got to see Tam for dinner my first night after class started and this was on the way. I wish I could say that I've been sleeping, since every place I'm staying is so comfortable, but I'm not.
I forgot my phone (aka camera) one day so I missed the really wonderful bark lace shots but the dyeing was a big hit and it was so great to have an outdoor space to work.
Jennie was a giant help (at left) with my lecture midweek, and Alisa was a fantastic intern who was able to slot into class and had incredible hand skills. She's prepping more paper thread spinning here.
Michelle got really into casting bark and making flowers all week.
And Lars and Lisa got back to the bark later in the week. I had a WONDERFUL group and wish I had better documentation but I was in my teaching madness. Then I went into Codex madness. Today is the last day! Come by table #53 where I'll be for the Book/Print Collective. Three members gave a great online talk that I recommend highly.

After that, one more teaching gig buried amidst seeing loved ones. I'm out of my mind, more later!

No comments: