Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Jeonju blossoms

I am itching to travel more. I don't need to necessarily right now for the central research but there are a ton of places I could go for secondary research. I should just stay put and write, but it's impossible to concentrate now that spring is upon us.
This is the fancy new building for the law school, directly behind my building. It's lovely to look at and I wonder if it's a good place to work/study.
This looks very much like yucca or a family member right outside of the humanities building, on my walk to work each day.
The name of this computer tower is so very apt, not far from my desk.
One day I found a sushi/izakaya place nearby and though you could tell it was a place for people to drink and smoke, I was very happy to have a quiet late lunch.
Behind the dorms, I saw this cat, who thought it could hide behind the tree. I've done things like that before.
They still use brooms made of twigs and sticks and such here. I've seen workers on campus using them.
The flowers are blooming everywhere on campus, everywhere!
Last weekend I ventured out to a part of town I hadn't visited, Gaeksa, which is full of shopping and very young folks.
On the day when it rained a lot and I was tired of carrying bags, I ducked into this place for basic bibimbap, always welcome.
I wanted to see how that neighborhood hooked up to the tourist area, and though it's still not completely sensical in terms of cardinal directions and where to grab the bus, it's so much easier than I had feared. Here is back in the hanok maeul.
And this gallery where I randomly decided to step in, not knowing anything.
It turns out that six people in a group of hanji artists were exhibiting paper artwork! I could tell from the very first piece.





While walking along the walled museum area, I finally could understand the dirt under the tiles at eye level.
By the time I got back to the university neighborhood, I was too worn out to find the most delicious place so I settled for the closest. Naengmyeon = cold noodles.
It's definitely cherry blossom season.
Seriously, how am I supposed to concentrate when the trees are bursting into these beautiful blossoms?
I was so glad to find a good salad place near the school as well, and am quickly figuring out the best toppings and dressing.
White cherry blossoms
And pink ones, behind the business school. I'm positive that it would be very hard to study if I was a student at here, and see plenty of them sitting on swinging benches to enjoy the view, taking pictures in the parking lot. I'm struggling to stay in this chair and write.

1 comment:

Velma Bolyard said...

So far ahead in terms of spring you are way far away in Korea...how very beautiful. I wonder what fruiting time is like--