Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Tiny bits precarious in the wind

Every day brings a new curveball, each spinning harder than the last. Somehow, this home remedy from a couple weeks ago has held to an extent and keeps robins away from my ledge (and from flying into the window). Just bits of foil on twist-tie material.
I'm not doing my best job at managing my stress in response to these challenges, but the biggest balm has been a more pointed effort to engage with my "land" (almost exclusively my border). A dear someone found an excavated yucca and brought it over to me!!! I've wanted one forever. If it does okay, I can even collect leaves for papermaking. Ideally, I'd have more than one plant to do this, but I have to start somewhere.

Trying to find great solace in small pleasures. Here is an incredible show by Lissa Hunter and Jo Stealey that I can't see in person but the theme is deeply resonant. Enjoy!

No comments: