Tuesday, April 17, 2018

All over the place

I can't believe how quickly time has flown since coming back from Chicago and moving to a new house. My first! As in, one that I own. I am woefully behind in terms of when I do the adult things in chronological time but here I am on this roller coaster, already having hit the highs and lows in less than a week of actually sleeping in my little brick building. Before the movers came (since I did many loads myself, not trusting anyone else with my paper, artwork, and whatnot), I was able to go to the opening of this wonderful show at Praxis!
The show features work by Pam and Yuko, two dear friends who make beautiful work using paper, thread, textiles, silk, carrier rods, and so on. They were part of the handful of friends I have here that made me want to stay rather than move away.
I have to remember to not obsess over house things (whether large or small, like standing water or pretty curtains) because the whole reason I did this was to be able to have the space to make more art, to WORK.
These two have a really regular art practice while juggling work, family, health, and life obligations. I have to remember that if they can work so diligently, the only reason I can't is because I am making too many excuses for myself. So, after I take the trash out to the curb (very strange behavior to me; I have almost 100% of my life used communal dumpsters), I'll turn up the heat so that I can do something productive that is NOT related to the structure all around me.

No comments: