Saturday, December 13, 2014

Brief

Yesterday my cousin drove me to the lacquer shop so I could pick up my pieces. I decided to give this one to my family, for all they've done taking care of me.
I'm not entirely happy with the job but it's my own fault for not doing a layer of rice paste first to make sure the lid was perfectly formed. But it will be an excellent teaching example and I fully intend to make another teapot when I get back home. Check back in three years! Ha.
It's been a hard week due to unexpected events not worth sharing until I know more. I'm crawling out of the initial shock and dealing with what a slow-moving cold and back pain, both coming from overwork and lack of sleep. Trying not to dwell on the negatives because there is still so much to do before I go.

No comments: