Monday, November 11, 2013

Harvesty

I still haven't recovered the file with scrapers from day one, but day two was good. We still have WAY more unscraped than scraped bark, but it was good to be back to the work and the reality of the situation. We're going to have some beautiful green/black bark paper this year; I'm saving every last bit of the strongest 'discards.'
We had a couple visitors on the second day from Detroit, who have taken Morgan classes before (including my own), so they were REALLY excited to help us do another big-ass sheet in the Paul Robbert deckle box, a brilliant piece of equipment we are so lucky to have here.

I'm still in recovery but managed to bake chocolate chip coconut macadamia nut cookies this morning before heading to the studio. If you can, support MCBA in their fundraising efforts in the Twin Cities! I hope to keep my head here somewhat as I slog through the backlog of work as well as prep for my second California book tour leg this weekend. Dates here. Also, for those of you who know Asao in the Philippines, he is safe and sound. Our thoughts are with those who were not so fortunate.

2 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

i like your new word, harvesty. it's good. i wish i had come, despite all my arguments for staying home. i'm a good hand with bark!

mjc said...

Is that Amanda at the back of the big ass deckle box? And thank you for the news about Asao.