Thursday, August 08, 2013

The slightest pause

Gossamer thin, especially at the edges. Take the class, starting tomorrow, and make your own huge sheets of paper! We had torrential rain and some hail yesterday, with flooding and a drain backing up, but eventually it all subsided and the sun emerged. I took my first nap in months, and then made my way in the afternoon back to my alma mater for a meeting and then a lovely and outrageously delicious dinner with my undergrad painting professor and her family. All of the catching up and seeing her home and family and studio made me promise myself to sleep as long as I could that night after a long drive home, and to take a bit of time away from the studio today. I already feel a little more myself with this first quiet morning in a long time.

No comments: