Friday, March 22, 2013

First Portland week, hooray

Flowers (the arrangements were so lovely and now I get to live with them), dogs, children. All ready for an opening!
One little corner of the main gallery space. I had panicked last night in bed, wondering if all the work should have been hung off of the wall like the one in the corner. And then I was woken up early (before 7am) by a yoga class next door.
The vinyl always makes it look official. Of course I forgot to take pictures of it once it was all stuck up there!
Delicious spread; my first that included kumquats! I was all over those pre- and post-opening.
This refrigerator setup works well for most residencies, though I may come home 10 pounds heavier than when I left for the book tour. NOT joking.
New vinyl for the windows, too! And Jenn did a great job with the chalkboard/white board for the sidewalk. I only have one more event, the workshop in a week, before checking them all off of the West Coast list! Hoping for some calmer sleep tonight after at least ten events in six cities in three weeks. I know that's light for a book tour, but it's heavy for this sleepy one!

2 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

oh, what a great space. vinyl and light and space and such a spread! how delicious. oh, and a kid AND a dog! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I think you are burning more calories than you're consuming. Looks fantastic!