Monday, December 10, 2012

Discerning

[I pulled out an older cord from darker hanji and twined two rows with it for my shoe sole but didn't feel like removing them.] I'm reaching that point where I need to finish what I've started, or go back and fix earlier mistakes. Like the dresses I made this summer, I have to go back a step and get a pattern, or at least get a better understanding of shoe engineering. Or else the end product is going to look awful. This is also why I decided to stay put for the rest of the month and just hold ground. In the meantime, I'm making progress on fleshing out my 2013 book tour, and wanted to note a few highlights:

* Today, I have a guest blog post on a lovely site, Lauren Olivia & Co. They've been wonderful to work with and I enjoyed the challenge of doing an intro to hanji in so many words.

* This Saturday, I will do a book signing to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Galapagos Books, a sweet local book store. The event will be at 22 Main Street in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York, from 11am - 5pm. Each copy of my book sold comes with a complimentary hanji bracelet.

* This lecture isn't until April in Boston, but I think the page is pretty (and will be followed up with the first ever joint workshop on art and conservation uses of hanji, taught by Minah Song and myself).

1 comment:

Velma Bolyard said...

i like the dark rows in there.