Monday, September 10, 2012

Regrouping, again

[My messy things-in-progress.] The cool air is wonderful but I am still amazed that fall is already approaching. This year went very, very quickly, and in some ways I feel like I'm sitting in the same chair looking at the same view and nothing is different. After getting my notes on the final proof to my publisher last night, I took it easy today. I went outside for the first time since Wed night and took a (short) walk for the first time on my bum foot! It hurt but once I stopped thinking about it, it didn't. It was plenty sore later in the afternoon, but I think I just need to build it back into shape. I tried to stop by the library to get some fun reading, but was stopped in my tracks by signs saying that they had a localized bedbug problem. EW. I ran away and started to read a different book, all about 19c American papermaking. Then I got great news about a scholarship to attend the big Cleveland paper conference! Hooray. But the best part of the day was getting a message from a former mentee and hearing about how helpful our conversations were to her. I miss that a lot, and hope I get to do more of that in the very near future.

In the meantime, now I'm back to my regular scattered load of things left hanging because of the book + things to do to bushwhack my path forward in the direction that I want to go. Deep breath before plunging in!

No comments: