Thursday, March 15, 2012

The beauty of mail

I got a shipment of hanji from Andong Hanji today. Hurrah! I wanted to try out some of their products, since it would be nice to develop a more reliable relationship with a Korean mill that is consistent with its products. I had met the people in charge on two different visits when I was in Korea, and luckily they still remembered me, so they were very nice and professional over correspondence. I even got these sheets to sample (the cords I made on top), and it made me think: am I using hanji that is of too high quality for my classes? Maybe. It might be better, with beginners, to spend less money on paper and save the top-notch stuff for those who really want to get into the technique.

1 comment:

Velma Bolyard said...

i think you're right aobut this. learning on good, not great quality paper is just fine.