Monday, August 09, 2010

Am I falling behind? Or just not caught up on sleep?

This morning I drove east to a very, very fancy boutique and splurged BIG time on a lovely dress as a reward for building the studio and teaching the class and surviving it all. I ran errands and then got to work after lunch to start pulling more hanji for my donors. All the sheets parted this time! So I have learned my big lesson, which I had intended to learn BEFORE the class, but we had run out of time to test my theory. Everything works if you do it the traditional way.

I got to give Alex and Lindsay a tour of the Morgan and show them my work to distract them while I finished drying hanji. Then we went out for a good Vietnamese dinner and then I drove home and did more errands. There is SO much left to do in the next week and I will do my best to get it all done. I'm behind on uploading pictures, but will get to it...soon, I hope!

1 comment:

Velma Bolyard said...

woohoo!! a new dress for you! you so deserve it. maybe, just maybe the traditional way works because it works, not because it's traditional? (i could remember this wisdom...)