Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tada!

After another 7-hour lesson (or was it longer? I can't keep track of how long they go anymore), we are FINALLY finished w/the pot part of the chamber pot. Next week I start the lid, which is even harder, since I can't do any on my own; I have to be at my teacher's side for the whole thing, which means extra lessons. It's far from perfect, but I'm glad I took the 14 hours yesterday to get it to the point where we could finish it tonight. It will be done and covered in sticky rice paste for my lecture in Seoul at the end of April. Wohoo!

I should prep BOTH my presentations tomorrow, now that April is breathing down my neck. I'm going to indulge myself in another day all to myself tomorrow (unless some classic Korean last-minute appt comes up). I think I will also treat myself tonight to a bedtime that falls before 10pm...wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fine job! Tada, indeed.
For no reason lately (except maybe b/c I've had to be waiting for e-mail replies) I've been weaving the spines of a bunch of old longstitch demo books - now I think it's because I've been watching this grow.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful! Now you have a pot to piss in. He he he.... It really is fine. This weaver is wanting to touch!

Anonymous said...

congrats aimee!

kath

Unknown said...

i love it!