Sunday, January 18, 2009

Summer vacation

I haven't been following the weather, assuming it will be either cold or very cold (or brutally cold), but I shouldn't have put the hot packs on that I had Julie mail to me last week (brilliant stick-on heat packs that emit warmth for 12 hours, made in Japan). Things are actually MELTING today! I feel like I'm on vacation b/c it's sunny and warm. At least, warm in comparison to what we've had lately. It looks like it's a little spell of warmth this week followed by rain and then we'll drop back into the real cold again.

I finished drying the whole 2nd batch of paper, and it comes out to just over 180 sheets. We're not quite on schedule b/c of family issues, so I don't think we'll be making alkaline water today w/ash. Suits me fine - I have lots of paper from the first batch to cut down for books, and weaving to do. It's nice to be able to take Monday easy and contemplate possibly subracting one layer of clothing for Tuesday. [Tuesday here, though, isn't so back home. I feel REALLY out of the inauguration loop. It's both sad to be so far and a relief to be away from the emotion of it. But party on!]

No comments: