Saturday, December 27, 2008

Escapism

I ran away from home for about 24 hours. In the midst of grabbing my things and throwing them into a bag, I felt exhilarated, and realized that I have a very unhealthy addiction to running away. It feels really good. Luckily, I snapped out of it quickly and turned around the next day. I had planned on being away for days, probably until the very end of the year.

The neighborhood is ugly, but I've moved my desk, cleaned a little more, did a grocery and trash bag run, and am just stocked enough to make myself soup since I am SICK. I had hoped that it was just a scratchy throat when I first arrived, but alas. I haven't been able to shake it. I even took melatonin last night but ended up passed out for three hours and then bolted awake for another 2.5 hours. I was hoping to go out tonight but soup and crawling into bed is likely a better idea.

Hyesun recommended wearing layers of long underwear but I'm doing that now and it just makes me feel like a sausage and not any warmer. Time for the bed crawl, since I have a big day tomorrow (again, I'm not quite sure what I will be doing but it involves a TV station and an outdoor market).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better, soon...