Saturday, October 11, 2008

This is today

One line, no transfers, thank goodness after not being able to sleep until past 2am (anxiety, frustration about being misunderstood b/c of language missteps).

Walking to the dentist thru a neighborhood that's usually bustling. I prefer this hour, when businesses haven't opened yet and the streets are quiet.

The dreaded dentist's office. After waiting about 2.5 hours and knitting a bunch, I got four teeth drilled w/o novocaine, but it went surprisingly well.

The view from the congee place I went to for lunch. I have no idea what this dude is selling, but he didn't have a lot of buyers.

My sister and I got socks from this vendor one night very late, right before she shut down shop.

The hotel my sister and bro-in-law stayed in when they were visiting.

Lunch! Slow Food style, since I'm only allowed to use the right side of my mouth. I'm home and just packed again: I'm moving my art stuff to a new location, which will be my temporary studio until further notice. All I can say is, my life as I know it could not be possible in ANY WAY w/o the incredible generosity of the people who have crossed my path thus far. It's pretty mind boggling.

No comments: