Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Sitting pretty

This one makes me terribly happy, something I've wanted to make for a long time and haven't yet because some technical glitch always happens before the walls slope up and out. Made from three to four different kinds of hanji from the new batch, testing samples to see what is best for which technique.
Beads, beads, beads. The long lengths come from unfolding, cutting down, and twining the hanji that was used to tie my entire shipment together.
I know that not everything has to be made of paper, but it's so delightful when everything is made of paper.
Today I finally dove into bark book pages. I have been waiting all week to hear if I have to go to jury duty.
I started binding books a couple days ago of new and lingering paper. My call-in duty is done, but they'll try and nab me again in six months. This has been going on for 1.5 years and I wish it would end.
A huge sheet turned into a square book. Now that I'm released from waiting around, I can start to wander again.

3 comments:

theorist said...

Lovely. And those beads are gorgeous! Thanks for continuing to share your work with us, Aimee.

Velma Bolyard said...

YAY! i love the new things, that basket is perfect, the thinking gestation (?) was totally worth it! bark books and beads and repurposing, i think the week of waiting was worth it!

Anonymous said...

the basket, beads and books are delightful and I love the recycling of parcel ties.