Thursday, November 20, 2008

Largesse

Today is my quasi day off. I "slept in" until 9am and am not leaving the house until it's time to go to the Fulbright Forum tonight. At least, that's the plan. This was from Tuesday, when Melissa introduced me to Lance and Whirimako over very good tea.

It was SO COLD at this palace so we didn't stay long (Lance and I practically RAN back to the car after snapping quick pics). I love his pose. I'm so shut down that my body would never even imagine spreading open wide on a freezing day in public.

I don't even know who she is but apparently she's some famous movie star. All I know is that when she arrived, I nearly swooned b/c I LOVED her dress. Exquisite. She's the new cultural ambassador to NZ from Korea or something like that.

Our table was the "education" and "artists" table. Lance and Whirimako sat there but not for long since they had to perform between dinner and dessert. I got to sit between professors who were all very nice and offered help in my research.

It was REALLY blue in that room. Even this picture doesn't do it justice. Melissa snapped it w/her camera, which I got to use at the end of the night to do some group shots, and I nearly wet myself using it. SLRs are soooooo sexy. I'm a little sad now that I didn't get one when I made my last camera purchase, but it just makes me look forward to the inevitable, hopefully not too far down the road.

p.s. - photos from Celebrating NZ and photos from the paper factory in Andong are up.

No comments: