Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Slow install, big gratitude

I still haven't quite gotten enough rest, and might not until May, but have been slowly putting the show together, with lots of help from the good people and friends of c3:initiative.

Tonight was Cloth & Goods, wonderful.

All that above is about how well I am able to articulate myself these days. Outrageously tired. My hosts, so warm and generous, including tonight: Melissa created such a beautiful space and community and provided the perfect treats to eat and drink, and like so many of those who have been supporting what I do, did it with open arms, open heart. If you are in Portland, visit and enjoy. If I had my wits about me, I would have taken pictures, but I see why I should have brought my proper camera on this trip (the cell phone camera, eh). I got to meet a couple of papermakers, a photographer, a ceramic artist, a textiles artist, a collage artist, a carpenter, a museum administrator, and the list goes on. OF COURSE we all salivated over the Rowland Ricketts runner. I hope for indigo dreams.

3 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

surely you dreamed indigo indigo. and paper and pulp, in a warm bed with a tummy full of good food. good luck with the install and friday. i wish i was there!

Anonymous said...

I too, wish I was there! Your dresses are awesome.

aimee said...

thanks for your support, always! i wish you were all here.