Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What I forgot to say

My desperate desire to finish these sample books became apparent while making them. I was sitting on the floor with paper and tools and crap ALL around me, a huge mess. It's part of my ongoing attempt to organize things that cannot be organized. And I know better, yet I keep trying to make sense of something that can't be pinned down. But I thought about what Frank had said to me recently in an email: that I have an appreciation for beauty that I shouldn't be afraid to stand up for. Even though I may feel just as weird about leaving after binding five books, at least now I have five gorgeous new books to admire.

Or, maybe I'm just wired to organize. Which reminds me of Frank's son David, and how we talked in the winter about how David likes arranging things (but ALSO likes making messes).

No comments: