Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Anxious hands

I completed my entire to do list for today. Yet, the final to do list hasn't been touched. At least I finished these books before the weather went haywire.

The moody weather (winds, lightning, thunder, rain) doesn't help my "crap, I only have a month left" moodiness that leaves me in alternating bursts of productivity and excessive procrastination accompanied by nearly overwhelming chocolate cravings.

Maybe it's what Sarah read in a book about procrastination: musterbation. All the things I think that I must do. [This is my favorite book in the batch.]

I got so caught up in these sample books that I ignored making artwork for a show coming up next month. At dinner tonight, Kelsey was like, "I think that is clearly the top priority."

I wove another cup but it turned out weirdly lopsided, too, and the lattice work is worse than the first. I'm so embarrassed by both that I don't want to show my teacher for fear of the chastisement about everything I did wrong, since I am quite aware of almost everything I did wrong. We'll see how I feel in the morning as I pack for my final trip with my ginormous lamp, praying that it won't get soaked in the rain.

3 comments:

mjc said...

Love the paper sample books...the colors are delicious, even digitally...

LR said...

your books are amazing; i will be making a reference to your artists' books with a link to your books and blog if you don't mind.

aimee said...

thanks! i don't mind and appreciate the heads up.