Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eventually,

the final products would look like these. The black one is lacquered, the others coated in sticky rice paste. My teacher wants me to lacquer mine before I leave this summer, but it might be hard to get enough coats done before then b/c of the weather - lacquer dries in hot and humid environments. Plus, I don't want to be the one doing it b/c I suspect I will react badly to it. I've never gotten poison ivy but I'm not interested in finding out if I WOULD (lacquer comes from a similar species).

I took today at home, hoping to get a lot of writing done for my presentations. Instead, I ended up writing a lot in a wildly veering-off-track manner and turned into something completely inappropriate for either lecture. So. I started drawing diagrams and also plugged in vocab and grammar into flashcard software. THEN the internet went out at home so now I'm having ginger tea in a nearby cafe, not wanting to do any work. And staring at the tart menu...dangerous.

1 comment:

theorist said...

I know these are chamber pots, but I imagine it would be okay to use them for other things? They're gorgeous. Me want! Me want!