Monday, November 04, 2013

Friends everywhere

With Sidney in Jami's hotel room in Cleveland during her drive through to Iowa City. Tomorrow she visits with my old grad school buddy Joseph and his fam. It's nice to hang out with a dog who can't overpower me on a leash (the dog I live with is easily bigger than me). Jami is on her burnout tour AKA paperback tour and we had so much to commiserate about, having been promoting our books and hustling forever, it seems. Her perspective is always exactly what I need to hear when I see her, because she is smart and caring and honest and knows me. The rest of the day flanked by viewing apartments and a brief but cold Morgan visit. Things are changing at the speed of light and I am hoping I make it to the other side of this month in one piece.

Kozo harvest this weekend!

No comments: