Friday, May 21, 2010

Real baby steps

[Wood sculpture by Park Chan-soo at his exhibit at the Korean Cultural Centre UK.] I've been having a very unlike-me schedule in London, staying up late, getting out of the house late, eating dinner late. But tomorrow will be the last bit of it all before I fly back to Belfast and get back to work. Yesterday was the Tate Modern, British Museum, and "Scaramouche Jones," a one-man play at theatredelicatessen.

[Seal gut.] Today was lunch w/a friend and an afternoon park and dinner date w/another friend and her baby girl. I haven't seen either in years (and this was my first time meeting the little one). The highlight of my day was sitting in the park as Lis exclaimed, watching her daughter walk. Those were her first steps ever!! I grabbed my camera and got a little bit on video since she persisted for a while, working hard to get her balance first in down dog, and then upright. She looked like a tiny dancer.

Then I met Michael at Angel and headed to the Lyric to watch "A Thousand Stars Explode in the Sky." Tomorrow will be a picnic and then the adventure to the airport. I have a lot of work to do but hopefully will be better equipped to get it done after all of this. I've been lucky and feel like a pampered princess.

1 comment:

Velma Bolyard said...

i love the gut coat. love it. i tried working once with gut and it was too weird for me. so i dyed it and left it to dry on the walls in the mill. weird indigo trails!!! happy trails!