Monday, April 22, 2013

Blankness

Finished the top one this weekend, and both are patiently waiting to be filled. A mix of hanji, washi, and lokta paper.
It's like a giant paper insect, took FOREVER to get this base done, and it's not anywhere close to perfect, but at least I can move onto another kind of hanji.
Looks more like what it's supposed to be, or maybe not at all. I learned that I will never become a very good shoemaker in this process. It's going to look strange, but hopefully I'll finish it before the year is up.

2 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

yeah, i get the blankness. but oh, my the color! i'm glad you've gotten so many little bits done, they'll all fall together soon, you'll see.

Anonymous said...

love those colourful pages. can't wait to see the finished shoe - or two??