Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Humming motors

I have to admit that I have walked into a trap of my own making for the past couple of weeks, and being in Seoul intensified that - it's basically an emotional black hole. I won't go into details since other people are involved but it's a huge battle with old, big demons and I am really hoping to win but maybe the key is coming to terms w/the fact that there is no winning and losing.

B/c of this, I was dying to get back to the country to calm down. Yesterday I was all worked up and got to work and was worked up but then worked and then whew. There I was, working, and okay. I need to stay grounded in my work. After the work day was over, my teacher said, "oh, you can get on the computer," and I was like, NO INTERNET. I can't do that right now. I'd much rather sit here with my teacher working on the floor working on my 4th and 5th books of the day and him weaving. It was soooo nice to just be two craftspeople making. I went home and thought, I can make beautiful things out of the discard pile. I have magic hands!

And my teacher said, "the paper just melts in your hands." I realize I have a very special relationship with paper. And how could I not? So, all other relationships in my life may suck, but this one is solid.

1 comment:

elizabeth ross said...

ours doesn't suck!