Sunday, March 01, 2015

Sunday + snow = slowdown

My hanji dress made it back safely and I already showed pictures to the shop where I got the pattern (where I also got lots of fabric from the stash party that happened to be going alongside Christine's opening for her lovely exhibit).
One of my shopping trips in NJ was to the Korean bedding store that carries buckwheat hull pillows. I poured some out of one pillow, still trying to get the ideal loft for my head. Haven't figured it out, but the remaining hulls will go into a pillow (if I ever get around to getting a borrowed sewing machine into this space).
They were sitting around for a long time, but I finally bound bark lace into another book. Intentionally wonky.
Yet to be filled. I woke up to another white out, snow falling endlessly. So much for any plans to leave the house. I'll be lucky if I take out the trash and recycling. But glad for nature giving me an excuse to rest a bit more.

2 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

the dress, the book, the buckwheat...sigh.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the dress, pleats and all. the book is wild and wonderful