Velma, got inspired, and finally did the thing I've been thinking about for weeks but didn't have a chance to do until now: coat a bunch of hanji from this last trip to Korea with konnyaku in an attempt to take down the hairiness of the paper, and also see if it's any easier to cord if pre-coated.
the mounting shop). Tonight I spent a bunch of time binding it, and even that surprised me. Every last bit except for wire for the ornamentation is paper. I just have to get the narrative straight and then the story goes in.
Jeff Peachey made me laugh aloud when I saw it online so I had to buy it when I met him in person way back when. I should share it with my students when I teach but I like so much to keep it at home. Next to it, Honma-san's mitsumata paper duster. Next to that, long lost but then found joomchi-ed hanji I made years ago and finally was able to bring back. That will turn into clothing just as soon as I find a pattern and get to a sewing machine (in a couple weeks)!
I'm still hopelessly behind but the crunchy stack of paper on the floor was worth it. I hope.