Wednesday, March 12, 2014

First priority even if it's not supposed to be

I've become very skilled at avoiding admin in favor of weaving. It's gotten so bad that last night, I was so tired from teaching and training that I crawled into bed at 7:30pm. Of course, that meant I was wide awake at 3pm. Which meant that at 4am, I turned on the lights and started to weave.
This first one got kakishibu treatment from the inside because I need to coat the inside somehow. That was a lot of fun, and I left it hanging over my kitchen counter today.
You can see the collar mark from the rubber band, but it still needs more coats, and I will probably add kon'nyaku and/or rice paste as well because there are plenty of holes. The mini one is coming alone, the goal being to have the top of the gourd tilt over, which means a whole different way of approaching lopsided.

No comments: