Friday, November 09, 2012

The last drops


[I was using tiny offcuts, some only an inch long, to make this itty bitty basket. I get antsy about little bits left over, so I threw them together as best I could. When you have two millimeters at the end to grip (with needle-nose pliers), a rim finish becomes very un-suave. But it goes to show that you can still start without a knot, as evidenced from the bit of light coming through the center.] The bark for tomorrow's class in Boston is cooked and bagged, and not in the fridge (because the last time I did that, I forgot to take it the next morning). I was buoyed by a very kind blog post (it's almost embarrassing, because she was so kind) by Lauren of Paper Connection. They have been doing an incredible job promoting my talk on Wed, and I am excited to spend more time with her and her team in Providence.

2 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

yay, travel well and happily. enjoy! love that little one!

onesmallstitch said...

your baskets are wonderful, very satisfying to look at and I love the use of little bits. Small things are enchanting.