Tuesday, April 30, 2019

One day, one installation

I had been worried since February about pulling off this new piece and had booked a hotel room in Columbus in case I couldn't finish it in a day. I did, thanks to fabulous new gallery director Cat Sheridan generously staying past closing to let us finish. Migiwa was also installing her amazing work, and provided the solidarity of another person hammering a million things into the wall. We arrived at the same time and finished at the same time, whew! I was able to cancel my hotel and drive home (white knuckling the final bit through torrential rain) because being able to sleep in my own bed is a rare luxury these days. Boundless Installation from Aimee Lee on Vimeo.

Here is a 14-second time lapse of what took me about seven hours. See you at the opening on Thursday, or the free workshop on hanji thread I'm teaching next Wed!

No comments: