Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Done!

I was so busy on day 1 of the hanji workshop that I didn't even take pictures of everyone working at the three vats (one big, two small) that we had up. I've been doing this for years, and even though this was only the second time I had more than one vat going, things went remarkably smoothly. This is the process of parting and drying smaller hanji. The weather was perfect enough that everything dried before the end of day 2! It helped to put the heat dryer close to the non-heated surface behind it to speed that drying.
Betsy and Cris bailed out Julie's vat before we dismantled it, and I enjoyed watching them work. I had to reassure them that it was okay if we didn't get every last bit out before wiping down the pond liner. The group was one of my best yet and it led to a peaceful class. Now, a couple weeks before I start packing for the next few workshops.

1 comment:

thanks for visiting!