Friday, August 23, 2019

Cool nights

I turned my house upside down for about 24 hours, looking for these Chinese papercuts. Six of them were taken from the group for a small edition of books.
For the prior edition, I had to cut the original dummy apart, which I don't think I've ever done after bridling. Here are the pieces of the binding after surgery.
The cutest couple at the Fuller Craft Museum! They came to visit and do some joomchi on my Boston trip #2 (thanks to Lisa for sharing the pic).
And thanks to Philip for this picture from his collection of woven and lacquered paper objects. I'm wrestling with my syllabus right now since class begins in a week and I was shocked by how cool it got last night. It's real back to school weather.

Stefan shot my new editions, which you can see here (first 8 pictures). In New York I saw my high school English teacher and when complaining about my grantwriting workload, she said, So your work is like a cancer researcher, where you go from grant to grant? I never thought of it like that, but grant cycles are pretty endless. I will be trapped under a few big deadlines for the next month+. Here we go!

No comments: