Monday, March 11, 2019

One after another

It has been enough years for me to learn that packing two classes and multiple locations and family events and so on into less than a week is a fool's errand, but here I am, a fool again. I flew on Wed to NYC, taught a bark lace class on Thurs, worked Friday and then had a family celebration, and then taught a dye/finish class on Sat & Sun. It's Mon and I'm still sorting out train travel for a trip to the Netherlands in less than a week. This evening I fly to Brussels.
The cooked dyes we used were brazilwood (top) and yellow onion skins (bottom). These are the dried remains, ready for exhaust baths. I collected those skins over years so it's always hard to say goodbye after only one cook.
My students were kind and flexible (given the issues with space, course description, and so on) and were very busy both days.
The second afternoon I sped through several book structures and though they didn't really have time to compile everything at the end, they are certainly going home with tools.
When I left home, it was still snowing, and the deer had long ago demolished the sedum (you can barely see the bits covered in snow). Much of my packing ado has been because I can pack easily for completely opposite weather (say, when I pack in summer for winter or vice versa), but not great at adjusting for a 10-15-20 degree difference (especially because I'm terrible at F to C conversions). But it's now or never! See you on the other side.

No comments: