Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Life changes

Oh, my. Like Velma says, it's too easy to forget to blog these days. Here is the view of the house and lot across the street from my first house. This alone would be enough to take over my life (which it has).
That garage disappointed me after moving in because I realized it's not dry at all (I bought the house in snow season). Below grade, and grade is not even doing well (that shady spot to the left is a swamp). The evergreen next to it will be gone soon, along with a giant silver maple behind the whole thing. Let's not even start with the driveway.
I have been 100% derailed from work but have tried lately to weave a few rows at a time so that I can stay 1% sane while researching and calling for estimates for one thing or another. All of this was thrown to the wayside after a big loss in my beloved's family. I never knew how exhausting the emotional toll would be, but am grateful for the time that I can make available. The days include lots of stress eating interspersed with staring out the window to see the birds living in a tree branch and rabbits chasing each other on the lawn, and considering buying tools like rakes and shovels but not actually doing anything at all. Ready to lay down again!

1 comment:

onesmallstitch said...

yes, the trials and tribulations of home ownership - I'm sure Velma has told you about that too. In the end I hope you find it all worthwhile. Keep on blogging, I look forward to your adventures.