Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fellowship

That was part of my I Ching reading today. So it was nice to go out tonight to support Maria at the Korea Society. She previewed her documentary in progress, and I was duly horrified by my hair in my interview clips and wanted to run out of the room. The good thing is that I sounded articulate and didn't make ugly faces, but I could barely pay attention to anything I said b/c my hair looked like it had been run over by a truck. This is the problem with being so careless about my presentation, so very un-Korean. Most people I know either have given up hope or still think I may, someday, grow up and learn how to make myself presentable. Regardless, I met lots of fascinating people, and even got to talk to an idol of sorts, to whom I gave this tiny gourd that I made today. I had it in my pocket to show my sister but never ended up seeing her, so when I thanked Dr. Kendall for responding to an email of mine a few years ago, I realized I was holding this tiny thing and gave it to her. I learned some new things from it, too, today in my hands. Practice really does help.

1 comment:

  1. Believe me your hair wasn't that bad. But I am impressed that you noticed. Didn't know Dr. Kendall was your idol..

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!