Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The relief of familiar places

My hanji lecture in SF went fine, and I even got to meet another papermaker I had only read about AND another long-lost friend, but after a very turbulent flight, I surprised myself after we landed by crying. It was a hard semester, in a land that my body and I didn't take well to. Simple things like being in the same time zone as family and loved ones ease the stress of daily life. I slept hard and woke up to tackle endless packing and backed-up tasks like hand washing plant-dyed scarves. I wish I had more time in NY, but Cleveland calls. Tomorrow will be the big drive! I get to reunite w/my Cleveland family and then with Ben, after I finish a papermaking demo at the art museum. Come by on Friday night if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting!