Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quieter days

[a sample from a book art love dinner party on Monday night + a Velma-inspired enclosure for three of Asao's books.] Yesterday after class I had the luxury of hanging around and making books and cases. That made me feel much better, even though I got home later in the chill. I managed to mail an app out today and get fancy new stamps. I wish I had had more errands to run since it was so nice out, but I treated myself to a documentary about paper folding that had been recommended to me in Seattle. I had to write down what Paul Jackson said: "I think paper has a problem. I think it's very passive. I think a lot of origami looks trivial because a lot of paper looks trivial." That's something I have thought about for a long time and still have no good answers. Though it's telling that only one of the folders, Michael LaFosse, made his own paper.

Which only makes me more itchy to make some paper! Soon.

2 comments:

  1. i looked at your enclosure and loved it! hmmm... i wonder why?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and further...an origami artist bought a short stack from me, and gave me some wonderful elephants back. these babies were full if life, made, as they were, of plant papers.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!