Monday, March 07, 2011

Walker

Yesterday I visited Artfibers and they let me knit this tiny swatch of nylon paper yarn. The papermaker in me had a very hard time with this idea. Nylon paper?? No such thing. But it was a lovely place and the people were nice and I got to show Carl some of my old and new books in the meantime. He took me to his favorite copy shop so I could run off copies of a new zine after a scrumptious Japanese lunch. I got another kick in the ass re: my hanji book and have been working on that, though I took a break today to walk around Lake Merritt. I ran errands after that so I walked over five miles today but easily ate it away b/c I couldn't stop inhaling the chicken soup and rice that I made last night. Hopefully tonight I will stop eating long enough to continue work, but after a run to the Korean market, I wonder if I will ever stop shoveling food into my mouth.

2 comments:

  1. well, how did it feel? did you like it, in spite of the, er, "fiber"? how nice of them to let you knit a swatch, though.

    brains have to be fed, too, and you are working very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i kept eating and eating!

    it felt like cheating and i told them so right there: soft like yarn. they always let you do free swatches b/c they think it helps you make better choices when actually buying.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!