Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sun and more sun

It's hot. Yesterday, today. I've been walking a bunch and now have a slightly better lay of some parts of the land. I also had two days in a row where I worked outside of the home on my writing! Small miracles.

This is a huge part of life here in California. Cars, highways, cars, highways. All in very close proximity to everything else. I'm not used to it.

Last night I was out after dark! This is rare, for safety reasons. It was too hot to walk to the show I wanted to see but I did get to see a good friend before going to a party with great food, real and fake (this is why it's fun to see the insides of other people's homes).

I got a good talking to this morning by Ching-In, who advised me to leave the house to work instead of attempting to work at home (since this has led to failure time and again). So I finally braved my first west coast yoga class. I survived, but was overwhelmed by how much garbage is knocking around in my head. I haven't had a solid practice for about 2.5 years so lots of crazytalk has been squatting in my mind for a while, enough to take root. Time to root it out!

2 comments:

  1. you sound like you're grounding now. work outside, nest inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to agree. I get way more work done if I work outside of the house.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!