Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Some things should NOT be this hard

I've re-packed everything so that I can carry on instead of get charged for checking bags, and was feeling fine about it until I got to my office today and picked up a few other tools to take with me. I looked at my paper cutting knife and then realized there was no way I could carry that on. I could overnight my knife to myself in NY but that just seems so ridiculous. So now I have to hope that once I land, I will be able to scrounge up some kind of alternative, since I already know that many of the students in this class won't have knives and expect to use mine. AGH!! This came up last summer when I was teaching, and I don't know why it's so hard to find these knives, and good alternatives. So, one more thing to add to the list.

At least I was able to get everything else done today: give a presentation on my work, have lunch with a new friend, and look at a bunch of lovely artists' books at the library. I'm grateful for these things in the midst of logistical tangles.

2 comments:

  1. i have this vision of you wielding this knife: " really, it's for cutting PAPER!!!" ha! happy travels, and may your little time at home be a rest for you!
    lots to talk about soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. travel safely and well!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!