Friday, October 01, 2010

Back on the road

I never got good pictures of the trail blazes at Saltonstall, so these are all images courtesy of Caron. I also never got a final intentional hike b/c it rained and rained and rained for our final bit of time.

This image is hilarious b/c I was SO angry when Caron shot this. But it's me driving, which is ALL I was up to yesterday. Imagine the same posture but total grey and water where you see flashes of green. I drove through bad, bad storms and horrible driving weather: the torrential rain where you can't see anything and the noise is so bad you feel like you're under attack, and thick fog where, again, you can't see anything. I stopped about an hour from home to pee and grab food, and then made a bunch more stops before I spent the night w/a friend on the river. Storm central!

[This was during our visit to Skaneateles: a gorgeous letterpressed edition of Ulysses with etchings by Robert Motherwell.] Now I'm at the public library, watching and hearing the wind do its work, and not looking forward to figuring out how I'm going to unpack/pack for a month completely on the road. I'll sleep in about ten beds, fly on five planes, and be in five states this month. Only two weddings, though. This will be the ultimate test of my packing prowess: not only am I limited to carry on luggage, but I don't know where anything is b/c all of my belongings are now in storage, in no particular order. Makes me want to crawl into a ball and nap in the children's section of the library.

1 comment:

  1. you are clenching that wheel! i can't imagine packing for all that traveling, and it looks like you will not be making art, but hopefully have time to enjoy friends and family, and, er, ben.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!