Monday, September 13, 2010

A super tired but super Monday

The other day, Caron locked herself out. We both tried to muscle our way up but were too short. Eventually Ryan saved the day. I don't have health insurance so once I got up there and realized I was not strong enough to pull myself up, I came down again.

That was the same really HORRIBLE day where I destroyed a piece from not being wise enough to take breaks and walk away from the thing. After I destroyed it, I took apart this one.

I unraveled it outside since I hadn't gotten a walk or anything that day.

And wove these while we watched "Crazy Heart."

But TODAY was super. I tried a new route for a walk after dropping mail into the box, and on the way back met Nancy, who was walking her dogs. Somehow we got onto the topic of milkweed and she said a guy down the road was wanting his GONE. So I met her later to drive over. I saw her sheep at her place and at the field where we harvested milkweed. It was smaller than what I saw here, but I was just happy to harvest. When I got back, I had lunch and then sat outside to de-leaf and de-pod. Caron joined me, somehow overcoming her massive fear of spiders.

And wow, were there spiders (among other things). It was hilarious when I saw her thinking that we were done w/the whole batch, but then I got up and got an even bigger contractor bag and dumped another bunch of milkweed on the ground. Caron was a sport, though, since she didn't have gloves and was using plastic bags on her hands until Judy arrived with new gardening gloves.

She also took all these fabulous pics. After this batch, I went out for more--I found out early today that I CAN harvest on site, so I went and picked the tallest plants I could find. Too bad a lot were close to goldenrod, which the bees are all in right now for their harvest. I saw and heard a storm coming so I rushed to get the wheelbarrow and ran it back.

I was working outside here under a big umbrella and metal lawn furniture until Denise (our chef, in the kitchen making dinner w/full view of me) called out for me to find cover instead of stand next to the umbrella, which would probably be a lightning rod. She called it just in time for me to throw things into the house and get myself and the remaining 2nd harvest to the shed, where I finished de-leaf/pod-ing which watching the rain. So even though I did nothing else today besides restore my Cleveland photos and some more computer work, I feel like I Did Good.

2 comments:

  1. doing the milkweed dance. did you strip it all or are you waiting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, the milkweed! Hoping to get permission to harvest some myself soon...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!